Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2022

 Tiffany's Oscar parties  have been a fun event for me for many years


Truth be told, I seldom see more than one new movie a year ( this year I caught one on a flight to Orlando, I think it got a music award )

Truth be told, there is always good food.  She has a way of signage that connects with some of the years best shows 

Truth be told, it is a chance for my sister and me to be together ( we are in  the same "movie going" boat)

Now you know where I fit in the critics category, in the movie department    
 
( Amy is a good source of info, she usually wins the prize for most correct answers )


Here is a taste of the tastes..














Fashion.   The red carpet. My take?  Would anyone dress that way in public in the real world?  Well, I do walk in the mall and there are some very entertaining outfits. ( I might as well confess that too much body will never be on my list of winners )


There is more to be said for red carpet  fashion, but I have one lady in mind.

As she stood by her husband who was being interviewed, I did not recognize her.  I did recognize her husband, but could not think of his name.    She was beautiful . Head to toe, she was stunning. 

We are all used to the joking of the presenters.  Sometimes I don't get it, but the girls explain it...usually a line from a movie.  

During a little  presenter dialogue  with   lots of laughs from the audience, one man came up to the platform and hit the presenter in the face.

OK.  The world has seen that now.

I am thinking as a woman, no not an actress, but someone who has her own style,  old enough and confident enough to look in the mirror before leaving the house and say... just going to the mall, but I want to look together..or going to a wedding, wearing an outfit that says this is a special occasion.....ok, done!  


The stunning lady, we all know now is Jada.  This elegant lady stood by her husband, so poised and "confident".  We all know now, that she has a condition that has taken much of her hair and has made the choice to shave her head.  If she was bothered by being bald, she could wear a wig. ( not the first )  When my cousin lost her hair to Chemo, her sister shaved her own head (not the first)
For all the love and protection that her husband shared in his speech, it is a mystery that he did not know that his wife knew that she was beautiful and comfortable and accepted, just the way she was.


I have not read all the updates on what has taken place, I could be wrong about Jada. But she is old enough and has been on stage enough to be as confident as she appeared and should be.  

And as I said... she was stunning.


So I am ready to head out the door, I check in the mirror... does a light purple top blend with a subtle pink jacket?   Yes.  And I am ready to meet the mall



I live an exciting life. 


No comments: