Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Hi Marti


 In passing...



We were seated at a restaurant and  I noticed a young  family arriving.  The little girl was wearing one of those fluffy dresses and so colorful.  


When making a visit to the ladies room, in comes little princess.  I smiled and told her she looked adorable. I was still doing that covid 20 second wash when she came up to the sink.

My name is Olivia, she said.  

Oh, my name is Kathy, I told her  We cannot choice our names, but Olivia is a great name  The people I love the most call me Grammy. I like that.
She smiled 


Soon it was time to pay our bill and head home.  I paused by Olivia's seat and touched her shoulder..she looked up... I said,
      " Sweet dreams, Olivia"...she smiled, and so did her Daddy.


My take away:  This family has done something special, raising their family. To feel comfortable talking to strangers is different these days. 

I am careful who I speak to and touch, so this was special to me

Both of us smiled.


I live an exciting life 






No comments: