Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

things happen


Marti, I am thinking of  you since you and me are probably close to the only ladies who still wear a slip.

Here is what happened.....

We had been to a memorial,  a very special time, and when we got home I  walked in the door and passed a mirror, a full length mirror

 WHAT ?!    Yes, my slip was showing.  Not just a little. But at least a full inch around the bottom of my dress .   It was a new dress and I spotted a glimpse of lace as we walked out the door.  However, I had no idea that as the evening progressed, so did the lace.

I did the only thing I could think of.  I wrote a little note to the three ladies I know very well, who were also at the memorial

Here is what I said:


OK, Miss K, Miss M and Miss N, 

Who saw my slip showing about an inch, all around the hem of my dress, last night?
Why wasn't there a mirror in the ladies room?
How could Darrell let me out of the house with my slip showing?
Will I ever wear that dress again?

These are questions that trouble me.
But, I am pretty sure I will be able to sleep tonight and 
I will see you in my dreams,  and at Bible Study tomorrow  ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•



After my bubble bath, I checked for reply's



Tue, May 7, 9:22 PM (1 day ago)
I just thought it was suppose to be that way.  Who knew, ๐Ÿ˜Š
(later  she told me that the tears were running down her cheeks...the things we do to make people happy )



Well, Kathy, let me just say I did not notice your slip showing—sadly, I don’t even remember what your dress looked like—just your pretty coat!  If it was all around your dress, maybe Darrell thought it was part of your dress!  Caitlin & I just had a conversation on Sunday about the things you can buy from Grace & Lace to extend the length of your dress or top.  I’m sure Darrell was thinking that’s what you had on ๐Ÿ˜‚
I  hope you sleep well tonight!    See you tomorrow!
Love to you!

9:54 PM (43 minutes ago)
Dearest Kathy,
I just checked my emails and saw this.  It so made me smile. ๐Ÿ˜ I did see your slip and I so thought it was supposed to show.  It matched your dress which was also beautiful as well as classy!  I was going to ask you where you got that slip which was a perfect length to show the perfect amount๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‘ ❤️ I think you have started a new fad?!  Ted did want me to tell you he was “shocked”!!  I know he never noticed๐Ÿ˜
Love you and always will.....even if your slip shows!



Well, I have learned a lesson
and, I will sleep well tonight.


I live an exciting life  

1 comment:

Janet said...

Seems as though you “slipped” up (or down)