Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2019

May Day

May 1  is May Day

and that means.. flowers at the door





For many years I have found a tulip on my front porch on May Day.
The Girls Scouts have kept it a secret, until  this year, I found out
Thank you 









And for many years we have taken flowers to the door of neighbors...like these..
 this year, I could not find any little helpers, so after dark, hubby helped me. Did not ring any doorbells  ( it was about 10:00 p.m. by the time our Bible Study dispersed ) 
The lilacs were in perfect bloom and we always put a few candy treats in the bottom






Memories 



When the littles helped me

getting ready for another year 

hang, knock and run 

Yes, one of the first years we received a flower
Love a yellow tulip 

In case you forgot, or did not know,  on May 1, you take a basket of flowers to your neighbors door, ring the bell and run and hide.  It is especially fun for the very young.  They can usually be seen hiding behind a bush, but the neighbor just smiles and looks around.

If you did not do it this year, get ready for next year, only 359 days away.  Plenty of time to plan.  Lilacs are in full bloom. 
And, I think the tradition is coming back.


I live an exciting life. 



No comments: