Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Switzerland - Geneva and beyond

Two of the days, Darrell and I were on our own.
And guess what ?  We did  fine.

Well, except for one thing.




History:   A Swiss Rail pass gives you rides on trains, trams, buses and most gondolas. It is just a paper that is printed from your computer at home.   If you want to pay $25. extra, you can get a laminated version. We had the paper version.

Probably 9 times out of 10 the ticket taker does not come through the car to tally the riders. But today, On train number one, the ticket taker came through. 

Darrell pulled out his ID and rail pass, and I pulled out my ID and continued to look for my rail pass.  The Ticket lady said she would come back.
I kept looking.  Darrell remembered seeing it on the kitchen table last night.  I did not remember ever taking it out of my purse. BUT, I must have pulled it out with the brochures from the day.

The Ticket lady was moving out of the car, looked around and kept going.
Once outside the train, there she was and we waved.

Not there yet.
Second train and here comes two ticket takers.  The first man checks Darrell's ID and pass and moves on .  The second man smiles and follows.This has never, ever, happened before.

Arrived at Vallores
We need to get back home. We need a copy of my pass.
I needed to get the link from Tiffany to find my pass. She was on an overnight to Lugano.
The information center told us to go to a cafe with WIFI.
Despite the stress, we had a very nice Petit Dejeuner. Window seat.
Sent a text to Tiff. She had her phone on. Sent me the link. I sent the link to the Information Center
40 minutes later,and they printed it out for me.   Cost  $.30   and relief.

The cost for not having a ticket ?    $100. fine, plus the cost of the ticket

Miracles happen.
We are so thankful  

On to a beautiful day and another ride up the mountain  






First stop...


The Petit Dejeuner 


Long awaited cup of coffee  


Look close....who is going to climb those ladders ? !














Construction in Switzerland


Picnic in Switzerland 




Pretty bike in Switzerland


Another nice ride 


And the store was closed  




















Playground in Switzerland 




Take a rest in Switzerland




The Next journey was to Geneva 




A bustling big city 



Tiffany...always nice to see her name in silver



Waiting for lunch 



Next stop 

Then back upstairs
WC's are almost always downstairs 



Lunch has arrived
His favorite, Caprese salad
my favorite, french fries  




Onward...in search of a carousel 

H & M
and remember United Colors of Benetton, still in Europe 

This guys moves, but I did not catch his name 




Probably 99 steps up to the Cathedral 























 Then back on the street looking and looking













 And then......we found it...






And yes, I took a ride
me and one little girl with her grandma 














More bikes than cars



Another reminder of home. Starbucks 

 The big park along the Lake...



Yes, the clock really works





This is Lake Geneva....


My only panorama shot 





























Took this shot is  for Matt - Rolex, not the most expensive, 
but close 
Chopard is also located in Geneva.




Another long day

time to get home...


Geneva, 4 hours there,
3 hours to see the city
4 hours back home.
But we saw enough of the city to be impressed.



The end of a great day 
And Geneva was our last city to visit.





No comments: