Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

My friend Les,




                              Les and me 



So, we have known each other since 5th grade.  Not sure if it was my 5th or her 5th, but close enough.  She has moved around. I have moved around. We see each other maybe once a year or every other year.  We can take up where we left off and then some.

How do we stay connected  ? 

LES !

She makes it happen.
Ok, I am the writer.  E-mails, holiday letters, my blog...
But, when she swings through my area, and that is about 3,000 miles from her area, she always try's to get together.

And we did

This morning.

Les, came from Sea-Tac on the bus to down town Bellevue at 7:30 A.M.
I picked her up and we went for breakfast.  We had  102 minutes before catching the bus to the ferry to visit brother number one.  She will spend the night then head to brother number two and then head home.  Three days, 3 destinations. 


What I did not know until breakfast....she spent the night in the airport.   She had been in LA visiting her uncle and got into Seattle close to midnight.   I am always up until 1:00.  I could have picked her up and taken her to my house for a good night's sleep.
But, she says she likes airports.

I  know that she often takes the red-eye.  She does not like to waste time flying.

Not sure how we ended up such good friends. Doesn't matter that she is Jewish and I am Christian. Doesn't matter that she is high energy and I am not.  Doesn't matter that she is really bright and I am sort of normal.   Doesn't matter about any differences. 

  We care about each other.  We learn from each other.  We are friends.  We are good friends


I took her back to the bus stop.  Hugged and kissed  ( yep we do that )  She walked away with her bulky suitcase and large carry on   and her smile...


I am blessed



















No comments: