Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

After the party is over

 and, the party is over,
                  and many memories made.

                            



           First ....which napkins.....


          Then, which recipes to try.     Old friends, new oven, new recipes, here I come

                                



First decision,..easy....my little man picked the one with red berries.  Nice.

  Chapter two.

I seldom serve appetizers.  They just spoil your appetite for the main meal. But I had some brie cheese and a recipe suggestion from my daughter, so I went for it.

Who or what can  I blame for a burnt to a crisp, quite sweet brie ?    Paul Deen  or my new stove. ( Or the timer that did not set itself).
OK, I don't like to serve appetizers anyway.   

Chapter three

Little man is ready for his nap, so he did not stay for lunch. ( slipped right between Shirley's legs so fast no one noticed...hardly..well it was pretty cute )  After placing all the stuffed animals in the living room, under the tree, he gave hugs to all the ladies, twice and went home.

We all sat down to the table.....what?   where is the food?      Pea salad and fresh fruit   ( thank you  Liz and  Sally ) will not fill us up.
Three hot dishes were still in the kitchen.  Chicken in the oven.  Beets on the stove and rolls waiting to be warmed.  
Let's just say the hostess was distracted by her little man.
And thankfully, two guest jumped up, after prayer, and helped served up the hot dishes.
Sorry to say the chicken dish was so piping hot that one guest burned her hand.
( I have Sulfadiazine  handy,these things happen )


Chapter four





Dessert. That's easy.  Easy recipe. quick bake. make ahead. 
        What?  Why is there so much extra filling?   Twice as much as I need for these little phyllo  pie tarts.  Good thing I have an extra box.  But why?  No Who?  Who changed the recipe from tablespoons to teaspoons !   At least 4 T. of brown sugar instead of 4 t. is not changing the flavor. And no one complained.  ( No one knew ) 

Chapter five.



Little man has another Grandma who sent this great tea towel.
Also  gifted with chocolates in a fun red dish , poinsettia, sparkling cider, Christmas CD,
 gingerbread mat, holly soap and a fluffy red bird ornament .




I live an exciting life
I am blessed 


1 comment:

Bel McCoy said...

Tell me how to make the tiny pies?? Are they really simple to make?