Total Pageviews

Friday, April 24, 2020

a new normal



We do not know how long it will last,  but we are in a new chapter of life,   a
                          New Normal

Most days feel about the same.  They all seem like Saturday 

Starting at about  6:31 A.M.

That is when  I head downstairs for my first cup of coffee
           If I wake up before then I just look out the window, say " Good Morning" to my creator and put my head back down on my pillow.

For about two hours   ( now that we have no place to go or  people to see ) I read, and pray and write things.  If I am praying for you, I might just send you a text to let you know.    If you have shared a concern with me, it is in my prayer journal...but that is another story.



So by about 8:31, hubby has refreshed my coffee at least twice. Bless his heart.  I am downstairs and rustling up some breakfast.  Kale.  Yep. My son-in-law introduced me to it  and I like it.  Saute  in olive oil and throw in a couple eggs, maybe some left over spuds.  

We are thankful to be in good health.  Someone wears hearing aids. ( that is not an aid to listening)  Both of us are failing in the memory area ( not to a threatening point )  
Allergic Rhinitis ( perpetual runny nose / not allergy )
Nothing to complain about 
And that is how today started.


Hubby ?  Well, his day looks just about like it did last week, last month, last year.  He is out cutting and stacking and delivering wood .  Enough said. 



Yesterday morning was laundry.   Not that long ago we did laundry every day.  But, just the two of us, maybe once or twice a week. 
Then in the afternoon, 6 mini loaves of banana bread.  







Told Ya !   
This week I tried one new recipe.   I already have a favorite, but it does take a little longer to get all the ingredients ready.  But, I have all the time in the world.   

I also like to sneak in a chat with the littles next door  ( tea party .  egg hunt ).   Yesterday it was just a quick hello and a little bag of cookies.

Back to today.
A dilemma.   My friend Sally is turning 80 tomorrow.   ( she used to live across the street, now about 12 minutes away )  We have been friends for about 45 years.   She has been in quarantine, I have been in quarantine.  Yesterday my shopper bought some chocolate cupcakes.  What should I do?


pause.


Lunchtime is usually leftovers.  That is what women do, they clean up what no one else loves. Then it is time for a little ( or not so little ) power nap.  

This afternoon I got a sweet video from the little cuties next door.  They were thanking me for the cupcakes.   ( How did that happen?)  And it is raining, so I am content with that "chat".  

Time on the computer
Then out to The Burg.   Drive-in hamburger joint. Yes, they come to the car window, take your order and then your dinner comes back on a window tray.  But now, it is in a to-go bag, but we can stay and eat in the car.  
On the way we deliver 3 mini banana bread loaves to our favorite seniors that live near us, but not near their family.

7:00 Zoom time. Bible Study and prayer.  Tonight had a very hard time getting on line... but that is another story.  

9:30 ish... time to pray and such with hubby.  He goes to bed early. 
Me?  I do enjoy a good western: the good guy wins
  Or a mystery: like Perry Mason where you do not know the bad guy until the end, but it is never the guy who needs Perry.
Time to iron, computer work, cleaning up here and there.  
Last night, 26 hankies  ( allergic rhinitis needs ) Tonight, 5 old, very old, from the family farm old, flour sack tea towels.  Still wet from the wash, so they will take quite a while to iron up.



Each daughter would like one. 

Plenty to do while watching on YouTube a favorite mystery.   It is a great series and I have seen it before, but I just can't remember who did the naughty deed.


No virus 
No  complaints
I live an exciting life















No comments: