Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 1, 2017

WDW 2017 -Part one

did you know WDW = Walt Disney World, as in Orlando Florida ?!?

and have you ever been there?

Well, if you haven't there is lots to know and maybe you just like surprises, so in that case, just scroll real fast

If you have been there you might scroll super fast, or not at all, BUT, I will never know


This is the first trip to WDW that I have journaled about with photos and dialogue and more details than usual.  I know some of you just like to "read all about it".  I don't have to tell anyone how to "read" however, I am putting some of the more detailed info in smaller print. 

enough said

Off we go to Orlando

Started off with a bang.  Well let's just say a little excitement.
We left the house about 5 in the morning. Not the right time for breakfast, but always the right time for coffee,    Brought the second cup in the car .  So on the flight we ordered our usual cheese and fruit platters and yes, another cup of coffee. For some reason the coffee did not taste good. .     So after finishing " brunch " I thought I would dump what was left.  By now I am feeling sick to my stomach .  I am just thinking I hope I don't feel like this for the next two hours....Wait, where am I?   ( seems I fainted and "gently " fell into the lap of a passenger. Nurse jill was sitting across from him. And jumped into action  got me to the galley seated in the jump seat and soon two flight attendants and hubby are surrounding the patient ) this is when I make use of the black bag hubby puts in front of me. And again.
 I am now aware that Nurse  jill is taking my pulse and  B.P.  Flight attendant Scott administers  oxygen. (I think that's just what the book tells them to do ).
Patient is feeling good. Back to my seat with a cup of ginger ale.   No more excitement 


Landed in Orlando. Sent texts to kids. They sent texts to get to the ER.  Mom decided to take it easy and try to be good.

Port Orleans, Riverside

One of the reasons we like to stay here is because it is along a little river and you can take a boat ride to Disney Springs.  Shops, restaurants and entertainment.


So that is what we did. Shopped. Ate.  Wolfgang Puck 



Summer squash soup 

 Rode the merry go round






 and enjoyed the activity of musicians, children and oh yes a free sample at  ghirardelli's.

Boat ride back.  





try to imagine twinkling lights along the water 


  A really nice evening







Friday, first park day

Hollywood Studios 
 Beauty and the Beast play.  We watch it every time we come, the acting is amazing. 
 Rides come and go and right now there are just a couple other attractions we like, so after lunch at
Prime time cafe


The wait staff treats you like family
keep your elbows off the table
no dessert unless you eat all your vegetables

And after an update of a photo 20+ years ago
 with Damon 


January visit with our little man 

Revisited, but not sure when and will try to put all of the together
some day 



We are ready to move on to Epcot Center 
This is like two parks in one.   You enter the future world.
This is the only place where Disney offers free beverages. Well, it is really, Coke. They have a building that has maybe 10 varieties of Coke, from around the world and dispensers and cups for all the refreshment you can hold. 


Several attractions  and here is one of them 

Living in the Land
Growing plants without soil, just plenty of water











Our memory and an email to send to family and friends
Free ! 

Then you cross over to the nations. 11 countries are represented and this time of year is the food and wine festival and another 15 or so. Countries have food kiosks .  Plenty of variety and entertainment for more than one day.

So today we do a couple attractions on the future side and then move on to the nations.  China, France Canada ....all have beautiful 360 circle vision presentations for their country.


























Just a taste of the nations and the employees who make it all come to life 



And since I don't have a good handle on blogs, I will move on to day two ...tomorrow 
P.S. enjoying the park means less photos worth sharing  

No comments: