Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Happy Day




It was a miracle, 
 three siblings available to come for dinner
AND, it was Damon's 36th birthday !



Here is what happened.
He is my oldest son and I love it when he can come by for a visit. It helps to offer food. He loves corned beef.

So, I had a few things for him and asked when he could come by and would Tuesday work?
Yes, ok. come for dinner.

That was when I discovered it was the 17th and his birthday.

Also on my calendar was a date to pick up little man after Kindergarten.
Then,his  mom could come pick him up at our house and stay for dinner?
YES !

That left one more sibling
( not to say we would always, always love to have the 4th sibling but Minneapolis is asking too much  )
So, third sibling says she can come, just happens to be soccer night for son & dad, so she is free.

He is my favorite son, so I was happy to make this a party for him. Without a wife ( no matchmaking for me ) he does not get as much attention as he might. However, some of his coworkers made sure he did not get by without a little birthday cake this year.

So, the excitement was mounting
He is my only son, and I was pretty happy to find corned beef in the freezer.
I was really glad I did not leave the bread in the microwave ( daughter helped in the kitchen)
I did not leave salad in the frig  ( Day does not like salad, so I did not make one )
I also had the best german chocolate cake, also in the freezer ( do not tell family, they had no idea ) It was from Bakery Nouveau and worth every calorie   
I did forget to facetime with missing sibling ( need to make lists )
Also forget to tell about all the friends who said to say Happy Birthday...like Sally, Zena, Anna, Auntie Bobbie, Bonnie..




With help from little huffer and puffer
Birthday boy was able to get the fire out !

Happy 36th Birthday
Oldest, one and only, favorite son !



No comments: