Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kathleen

                       Kathleen and Me 






We were friends since the 60's .  Roommates in Oak Park. 
 What fun times, and different.
 Life was different so long ago.
We  were only together for about a year  but for me, many  lifelong friendships.





Conference time in Des Moines


She started to call  herself my little sister
two Kathleens in one family
too much fun 












A few years later I got married and then with our kids we took a trip out East. Our kids loved Kathleen, she spoiled them like they were her own nieces and nephew.

We caught  up from time to time
a reunion in Oak Park, hosted by Russ and Sharon Caforio




Ice cream at  Peterson's
A trip down memory lane
Where was Norm? 

  ( our final night was at the nearby hotel - Kathleen and me - we jumped on the bed )


When her nephew Todd got married, we were together again - fun time with her sister in law Joanne Keisling.  - Kathleen and me - we jumped on the bed )












Mostly phone calls since then . She always wanted to know how our friend Fran Erisman was getting along  Our Oak Park memories  helped to keep us connected.

The message that came from her sister was so shocking, so unexpected.   I could not find the words to respond, except to say that I would be praying.  
 My eyes were swimming.

And I have been praying and knowing how much her family is hurting.
and me,
I am hurting
I did not get to say goodbye


One day we will be together again...soon, I think 




3 comments:

Dorothy said...

thanks, Kathy

Unknown said...

Such a lovely post and great pictures! That was a good year for me in Chicago and I've never forgotten the wonderful friends I made there! So good to see these pics! Thanks Kathy!


Olive Kaiser said...

Thanks Kathy you described a period of time just before I got to BTP and Oak Park. In that next group of girls were myself, Susie Palmer Hendricks, Lynn Todd Dear, Jeannie Rock Shepherd and Kathy Keisling. We did a whole lot of stuff together. Kathy eventually moved East and then I only saw her very occasionly but she was still the same Kathy. Occasionally she would call me and ask if my son David could make a tape for her of the singing at the conferences. She loved that. I also was horrified to hear of her passing but I'm happy for her. So sorry that I can never got to say good bye And looking forward to saying hello again.