Total Pageviews

Friday, August 25, 2017

I would like a glass of water







Here is the setting:

Happy Hour at Outback.
4 senior citizens in the booth,
hostess says: Tyler will be your server and will be with you soon

and soon the conversation starts:
Tyler : Good evening, can I get a beverage order started for you?
Barb:  I would like ice water with lemon and  a straw
Rog: I would like a glass full of ice and then pour water in it. Lots of ice and water
Darrell: I like ice water, no lemon
Kathy: water no ice please.

Tyler returns with the beverages


He remembers each one correctly, even a little bowl of lemon wedges

Rog: Can I ask you a question?   Why did I get a small glass and everyone else got a large glass?

Tyler: Well, you asked for a glass and all the others are plastic. I thought you wanted “glass”.  Do you want a glass of ice, can I get you more?”

We struggle to say, no it's all good 

thank you


 then  burst out laughing. 

( if you are not at least smiling, you are probably too young, or maybe you just had to be there. )




No comments: