Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Day to remember



In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, the sun and the moon.

Genesis 1: 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

Today we saw the moon ( think of a bb) slip in front of the sun ( compared to the size of a 6 foot beach ball )   and completely block out light !

Living a distance from the path of the "lights" there was very minimal light change, but a noticeable temperature change. Perhaps 10 degrees.  With the proper glasses, protecting our eyes, it was very different. We saw a black sky and a golden crest of the sun.   
Or, with my back to the sun, holding one plate with a pinhole in it and letting the "light" shine through it to a second plate, and then seeing a crest of the sun. The light shone through a pinhole. 
That is amazing, that is a miracle


my only picture..no comment


Observing the observers  

View from my window 


Many people had gathered at the library and the park next door.  Today was my turn to volunteer in the book shop. From the window I could see part of the crowd.  Families.  Adults, children, pets.

I love to watch people. 
One of my favorites is a father holding the hand of his little girl.  Not her wrist, not the back of her neck, but her hand.  I wish I could explain the feeling it brings.  Maybe because my own father never held my hand. He was not a part of my life. There is something so sweet, tender but protective.  It was a distraction but a good one. And  I know the hand of the Lord is upon me and my life.  He is in control of the entire universe and He loves me.  
That is amazing. That is a miracle. 

Your take will be different.

 Hubby was not at all interested...until he saw pictures in the news of the darkness and brightness, etc. Then he was very impressed


                 My friend Ellen wrote
I am sure many insights about the solar eclipse will be circulated in the days to come.  It reminded me about what faith is all about.  Sometimes the situations of our lives tend to make us think that God is not there.  Everything looks black, dark, and hopeless.  And then a glimmer of light suddenly appears, and we know, without a shadow of doubt, that the Lord has always been with us following through on His promises never to forsake or leave us.

"...let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.
For surely, O LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:11-12)




                It is 24 hours later and life goes on.  Dishes still need to be washed and the floor swept ( we are having company for dinner, so it won't wait )

             But, let's remember the wonders of God's creation, small and great ! 

   May your day be filled with reflections of our amazing God.

    We are blessed

    I am blessed






No comments: