Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 12, 2020

who is coming..

 Who is your company coming to your banquet table? Interesting seating arrangement       She said 





And I said:

( first the long version )

This past summer, during Covid, a Christian neighbor ( Jan ) invited Darrell and I over to a back yard, keep your distance, supper.  It was very fun, but that is another story.  They also invited Linda R, who I know from BSF, and Janet D. I had never met Janet, but found out, just before we left, that she enjoys cleaning houses and has time for us.
So, sure enough, she came the next week and has been coming every other week since then.

On  Sunday  I called  Jan to check on  a few things and she reminded me that when we left her house this summer, we agreed that we should do it again.  Why  not when Janet is here?  Why not Tuesday ?  

Jan had a little glitch in her memory.  She thought that M & R had come to her dinner.  I remember it was Linda.     She had already called M & R and they were eager to come so...

Fine.   So, I set the table...for 7 with spaces as big as I could manage.  On short notice and giving myself permission to make it easy, I pulled a meatloaf out of the freezer, Nita brought some of Christians home baked rolls ( on Monday when she dropped Tanner off...I know this is getting complicated, sort of.. but read on ) also found a pumpkin pie in the freezer and made a quick trip to Trader joes for fresh fruit, flowers, and heavy cream to whip.

I usually have party favors, but I did have cute napkins and once we give thanks, I do not apologize or complain.   

They came at 2:00...kind of late, but Jan set the time.  We sat around the table and talked and talked and pretty soon it was 4:00.  I went to the kitchen to find something to snack on... first M & M's, then Jan pulled out the peanut butter pretzels she brought and... about 5:00, they were out the door.

Janet stayed to help clear the table, but she lives at least 40 minutes away, it was dark and, thankfully she let me do  the rest.

enough


And here is the short version:
I set the table for 7 friends coming for lunch.   We kept our distance and talked and ate and talked some more.


I live an exciting life 




No comments: