Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Spending time


because
it takes time to learn about  friends
And I am still learning 




Here is what happened.
Last Saturday I was out walking in the mall.
I do that
Usually on a Saturday, sometimes mid week
I can walk a couple miles in comfort
and
in safety
Most often, I just window shop
That is what I was doing on Saturday
and suddenly, there was Heather !




 Turns out she was just out walking too.   And we both had time to stop for a cup of soup. We chatted for a while.  No deadlines, no phones, no masks  ( oops, that was just for eating our soup)

It wasn't until I got home and started thinking about that special time

I do that

I sort of relive the conversations of the day
Wonder if I might have talked too much or too little
Did I interrupt?  
Was I listening, carefully and not assuming?


On Saturday I just felt happy.  Content. Heather had shared some hard things with me  ( sh!  I can keep a secret, so don't even think about asking )  I had confided in Heather.  There was a trust level, like when you don't have to say "this is private".   You know that it is just between us.

I was also  reminded that I value one on one times. Especially in person.   ( Do you call a phone chat one on one? )  In a group I usually take a back seat  ( hubby likes to be in the front row, but that is another story )  

Then I was trying to put that into a personality...

not introvert, 
not sanguine ( unless I am nervous, very nervous and talk too much, way too much
advocate ?  Hey, I like that, but, might be a little out of my league
protagonist ? Ok, I was checking on Wikipedia..


Well, I don't have to fall into any group.   

One  thing that was reinforced.....friendships take time
Sharing and listening and learning about each other, well it is priceless.  Oh, sometimes, it takes time, but then, that is time well spent. 

 It  is worth it !


p.s. little did we know that when Nikki ( my favorite server) said

" see you next week"..... the Grill and all restaurants in the state are closed to inside service !  UGH !

But, we have memories to hold on to


I live an exciting life




 

No comments: