Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

You are always welcome

 Ask my family... Come to my door and you are invited inside....    It is the American way.





Right?   Wait, what happened?  

For the past two years I have been trying to meet our neighbors.  It is gotten easier now, with the pandemic, people are home.

So, every week, maybe twice a week I bake Banana bread.  Not just any banana bread, this is called Hippy banana bread.   I  tried it because I had all the ingredients on hand and it is good.  Really good.  After the 3 mashed bananas, you add walnuts, craisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and I also add sesame seeds and a little flax. 

So it is like eating a little meal

Several neighbors live alone, so they love having someone at the door with a little treat.   A little loaf is also a small, but great,  way to say thank you to the neighbors who have gone shopping for us.  There are many reasons to share a little banana bread. 

Something I have realized... rarely does anyone pause to chat, or invite you in. 

I discovered this because last week, a neighbor invited me inside and offered me coffee !  Wait, two neighbors invited me in for coffee.

So, that is the American way...or maybe it is the Scandinavian way.   

Call it what you like,  I live an exciting life !




No comments: