Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Words

 OK...that does it...

a new word


are you ready?


toadflax ....had to google it ...again.


This is just a hint...just to add a little interest 


But, there it is.  a real word.

You did good Dave Z, and it put you way ahead of me, BUT, really, how many times have you used toadflax in our conversations today ??


I'm feeling better now.
It was the shock when I checked our Words with Friends game and

WHAT  ?   where once I had posted flax, now was toadflax and 57 points. 


I was going to talk about another word, before this happened.

Odious.  

If you have read Proverbs, you are familiar with that one. But it just doesn't sound like what it means.
It sounds like a bad smell, one that just won't go away.
Maybe that is what the man who lives with an odious woman would like to happen.

better not go there


odious

oh-dee-uhs ]

adjective

deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable.
highly offensive; repugnant; disgusting.

And that is Odious 


Want to talk about it?   

Want to use it in a sentence?  

How about toadflax?   


I live an exciting life
( not giving this a second thought...post it !!) 




No comments: