Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

May

May, my month

May Day...the beginning and a day to celebrate.  We have always made baskets and filled them with flowers to hang on the neighbors door.
The idea, as you might not know, is to get the basket on the door knob and run and hide.  Then you watch as the lady of the house comes and is surprised to see the basket and doesn't know how it got there !

She usually says   " Thank you"

And then you sneak off to the next house. 

This year, we went to over 20 houses.
I had help !!!
Two little girls next door and their mama.
Plus, with the "stay at home" going on, almost everyone answered the door.

The lilacs were so ready and in the bottom, candy kisses.









When I got home, I found a basket at my door too.

Then comes Mother's Day
For the first time since February, family members came to our back yard.  Thankful for a sunny day.



















And if that isn't enough

May 30th is my birthday

Once again family came to the party.  This time, inside.
They all stayed for about five hours. Just chatting and eating and enjoying each others company.

Here is how the day started  


He brought flowers to my bedside 




Flowers to the table
and made  breakfast 

Then


The picnic that came inside


Happy Birthday to me 





Two of my loves 

Worth every calorie 









The Gift basket filled with love and treasures 






But there is more.
Come over for Key Lime Pie
and
a sleep over she said 
   

Feels like a resort...and she treats me like a princess


But there is more..




Our Small group Bible Study...but a surprise  celebration happened 


Mary Brought home baked cupcakes 


She also brought a game  


Our most senior friend brought ice cream, spoons, but no bowls.




No Worries.   Just scoop out a hefty helping  


  Yes,  more cards and even a "holiday" wish 



Another celebration happened at the Burg..

Red hood belongs to my new chariot, Bella  
A little distraction in yellow  



The owner gladly gave up his seat for a photo.
No, we did not invite him to the party 
But it was a great day 



And this is the final event... 

Ferry ride to friends.
Little passenger with mask and gloves
There will never be another year like this, I hope 




The setting for a birthday gathering
A view
Peaceful 
good company
Fika,  lunch, two desserts  and coffee





I live an exciting life 



No comments: