Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Tea Party number two

It started out like the first time...social distancing...getting acquainted with new neighbors.. hubby doing some of the grunt work.


And the party can begin...







 



Since our last tea party, I had noticed that whenever I slipped over to say hello, the girls would run to greet me, and both Mom and Dad would come and say hello too.   Mr and Mrs very social.   So this time I decided to add an extra chair so they both could join the party.  It was the right thing to do.

As I told my friend Martha,  it was a very refreshing two hours.  Yes, we sat together and visited 
Oldest daughter, age 5 ( in 10 days she will be 6) came in a sweet sundress
Little one  came with two different shoes.
Dressed for the occasion, for sure.

Dad, left his seat briefly for a conference call
Mom, left briefly to change a diaper  
I never left my chair 

We talked about the special places to visit here and where they had been so far ( last year their home was Japan )  Since they arrived in December, they had very little time to explore before we entered the new normal.

They shared some things about their family, both come from large Irish families. 
I shared some things about my family...not just my grandchildren.

I listened to them... we were in no hurry... they listened to me...I did not have to talk fast.  There were a couple pauses when older daughter decided to change out of her dress ( daddy offered to help unfasten that tough button ) soon she was on roller blades.  Little one slipped off her chair and mom just scooped her up and hugged her and planted her back on her chair.  
    They helped themselves to treats.  Little one loved the sprinkles more than the cupcakes. Everyone seemed to be very comfortable and happy

Then, it was time to go home.   The whole family helped carry the chairs, tables and umbrellas over to our garage.   

Everyone said a genuine thank you and goodbye

Yes, I will never forget our first tea party but
this is a day I will always remember because I will always remember this family. 

I live an exciting life.



No comments: