Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 15, 2020

pearls of wisdom

well,  pearls for sure

or, are they really pearls ?

Here is what happened

Yesterday, Valentines day, I was on my way into town to run some errands and I realized I had not put on my heart earrings.   No earrings.  The little holes were empty.
I do not like that
I carry an emergency pair with me...most of the time..but, alas, not in this purse

My first stop is at Bellevue Square shopping center.  There is a thrift store way up on the 3rd level.
I head there.  Yes, they have a very cute little pair of "pearl" earrings.  $2.00
I buy them.Quickly wipe them with my hanky.  I put them in my ears.   I am happy.

Later in the day I think about my evening visit with a friend who enjoys nice things. Real Jewelry. In the past she has quizzed me to find out if my earrings were "real".   I considered making a quick change before heading there...but, forgot.

Sure enough.  She asked the question
"I love your earrings, are they real?"


Now...
What would YOU say?

and

Do you want to know what I said?


I am listening...



3 comments:

Janet said...

Of course tell her of your last minute find!
Who doesn’t like a good deal?
I’m sure you looked fabulous, dawling! ❤️

klamb said...

I want to hear what you said....

BTW you looked lovely at the service, but I can't say as I remember your earrings. Sorry :)

justbenme said...

my answer...in a word..

Yes

then she commented on how dainty ( small ) they were, and she was wearing real ones from her daughter.....

We are the best of friends.