Total Pageviews

Friday, March 1, 2019

It was a great day
Well, it was a busy day
OK. it started last night.

I try to plan menus, check the freezer, make lists...all the night before.  
Funny thing last night.  I pulled out what I thought was meatloaf.
It was some bar cookies.  Well, that means I don't have to make a dessert for Bible Study,  but I will need to take out some beef for meatloaf.

  I had gathered recipes and tips from my girls to prepare something Kale for my friend.

She does not like Kale, but she knows I like Kale. So, bless her heart she asked me to make something Kale !!   
Then comes the shopping trip. Somehow I had three lists and focused on two of them so.... came home with just about everything.
Spent the evening preparing two salads with Kale.  Don't you just love saying the word  Kale ?!   

It took me about 3 hours.  Fun hours.  OK. I was watching  The Magnificent 7 while massaging Kale 
And wearing my favorite colorful apron. 
All good !

Now it is today.
Salads are ready and on ice in the car.
Bible Study is in my tote bag and I am ready to go.
Less than a mile to the church, but I am running a little late..hated to give a brief hello to neighbor Pooja and hurry on.

Approaching the parking lot and the car feels and sounds funny.
Well, I am not going to drive Sabrina to my friends.  So I call Hubby and he agrees to meet me here at 11:15 with the other car and take care of matters.

Walking into the church and Kristi says " I suppose you know about your tire? ...it is flat "

So, quickly call hubby again.  Helps to know the details before tackling the job.

ll;15 and he is waiting for me.  
He greets Bonnie,who is walking out with me and  who always looks so classy.   
She says  " Hi,  your wife told me her tall dark and handsome husband was waiting for her. "
How sweet of her to look beyond the beanie hat and well worn miss matched outfit. 

We head to Sabrina and find out there is no jack.
No jack in the other car.
Change of plans

  ( are you still with me? - it gets better )

We start home and find a garage... no house sale !  What? In February ?  Yep.  So we stop and quickly find a few things like
a little text that looks like this:


$1.00 well spent  



My neighbor Jane was there... We agreed we needed nothing.  
Very beautiful home... new kitchen...front yard I have admired for years... 
Back to the sale.  After we all bought a few things we left and Jane checked her car to see if she had a jack.  No.
We go home.

Hubby checked one last time for a jack, and then said his goodbyes.
Apparently, it did not dawn on him that I needed the car to take my salads to my friend. 
I would not take his pick up for a number of reasons.

So, while waiting for hubby to return, I made meatloaf and swept the floors and dusted the living room..

By 2:00 I was out the door.

and this is the door I walked up to


And This is Baby .   Cute and quiet.

Had a nice visit with my friend.  
I think she has a positive attitude about Kale.
I think she is going to have a positive attitude about Kale.
The salads looked fresh and interesting.
Also included a few crackers, two chocolates, napkins and a tooth brush  ( don't tell anyone, but Kale gets in your teeth, and it's green )

Did not want to tire her, so I headed home.

Called to invite our Octogenarian friend to dinner.
He said no, he was sure his daughter needed him, but yes, he would come to Bible Study.

Well, it is a good thing he did not come.  The meatloaf did not hold together.  Hubby thought it was hash.   Home grown corn from the freezer, was a little hard to chew. But, we had plenty of Kale salad.    

7:30 Bible Study.
9:00 refreshments.  Guests were quite content with my bars, trail mix and cups of berries.

Then they went home. Hubby went to bed. I cleaned up the kitchen and here I am doing what I like to do... talk to myself  about my day.

If anyone listens, they never tell me
              seldom tell me 


 Marti, I know YOU are listening 
Sleep tight


I live an exciting life.  




2 comments:

Janet said...

The other Mrs. Baden listens!
You lead an exciting life!

klamb said...

Following the previous comment...

So does her sister, sometimes!

You lead an interesting life also. We are all so blessed!