Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Haman in my kitchen

It seemed like Haman was in my kitchen tonight.

Here is what happened.

Since it is the month of Purim...everyone knows that...and since I was in Israel for Purim a few years ago, I have felt like celebrating Purim. 
That involves Hamantaschen.  Haman's ears,  Haman's hat, or whatever. 
Haman who was so cocky and arrogant  in the King's palace. 

So I put on my best most appropriate apron....It is my Easter apron , like Esther, like the Queen who caught Haman in his evil act.

I have a recipe that I used several years ago and with all the notes I had made I was pretty excited about making them again.
I will be brief at this point.
The dough was very sticky and.....
that was when I thought Haman had been in my kitchen...so I took charge and added some flour to the next tray and they are much prettier. 
Truth be told, they all tasted good.  I know, because I tasted two or three of them right then and there.

Next week, I want to try another recipe...If anyone has a tried and true recipe I would love to have it.
OH, the filling.  Originally, poppy seeds were placed in the cookie. Later, jams, etc, were options.  
So, I have plenty of the poppy seed mixture for another batch.
I might take a photo, if they turn out well.  

Come over for Hamantaschen, and the coffee and tea will be ready in minutes !


I live an exciting life 




No comments: