Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2018

We are here for a purpose

Just a little story...there are so many...

But today I saw this little man sing his heart out for the Lord


This is Jimmie,
He loves wearing  ties
He loves to sing with gusto
He loves Jesus 


And this little man has an amazing heart in more ways than one.
Before he was a week old, he had open heart surgery.
He is now 4  1/2  +.   The Lord has something for him to do.

While sitting in the Sunday School circle this morning, there were about a dozen children.
A favorite song was requested.

The room was filled with voices
 "I have the joy joy joy joy down in my heart"
then a small voice sang
" Where?"
Down in my heart
the small voice again
" Where?"
Down in my heart

until the chorus

And I'm so happy, so very happy 
I have the love of Jesus in my heart.
(Down in my heart)  small voice  
And I'm so happy, so very happy
I have the love of Jesus in my heart.

We get to the second verse
and for line two, an adult voice chimes in
( many of the 11 other children are grinning, some not singing )


And on the chorus
an adult begins to clap in rhythm.
and is joined by a few others

We get to the final verse and
there are several voices singing
 Where?

and for the chorus
there is much clapping ! 

I am singing and clapping and wondering..
When did the excitement of singing and clapping fade?
Why did it fade?
How old is too old to sing your heart out for the Lord?
Or how young...

Little man, Jimmie,  The Lord has something for you to do
And you are doing it.  You are encouraging others to sing their hearts out for Jesus.




No comments: