Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 17, 2018


It started in the Springtime.

A message about being a good neighbor ....

you know... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 22:38 and 39

Then the speaker said to turn the program over
Write your name in the center
Put four boxes around your name
Write  the names of the neighbors living in those "boxes"
Now add something you know about them


For me, most of the boxes were blank.

Pretty embarrassing.
Pathetic

Yes, two of the four are new this summer, but the others...


A couple weeks later, on a Saturday, the boys across the street helped me take scones to the neighbors to the right.
" She is shy, so we came with her"  they said.    That was the truth

A week later we did the same, heading to the left.

That was when I discovered there would be a new member in the neighborhood.
The wheels started spinning and I felt a baby shower would be fun.

That was a few months ago....Baby is now two months old......the shower was last weekend.

My friend Nancy made adorable invitations



I went door to door, by myself, to hand deliver them to the "lady of the house"
Who doesn't love a new baby ?   And who does not want to know who lives next door and across the street and... you get the idea.   


Party favors for all 



Fourteen women gathered in my living room on Saturday morning.
Liz brought cheese ( two large platters of cheese and crackers )
Jane made a huge fresh fruit salad

Barb's bread pudding was great 
Shirley served slightly toasted  croissants
Perfect with my lavender jelly, fig preserves and peach jam 
Irena  brought very moist sweet bread 
More than enough with  monkey bread muffins and egg dish

Shannon brought a beautiful centerpiece 


Coffee, tea, sparkling cider.

and then ...
We used the very old rocking  bassinet my hubby slept in, also  his sister,  our 4 children and about 25 older babies, to hold the gifts for our special guest.    Then, he got to take a ride. Now his name is on the bottom.







I live an exciting life  
and
I am blessed   


No comments: