Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

It's not what you know, it's who you know

or

It doesn't hurt to ask 

or

technology is amazing

or

keeping an eye on you

or

whatever, they all apply

OK. it all started on Friday.  My left eye lid was puffy and red. 



( It's not what you know but who you know)  I am well acquainted with two of the best Ophthalmologists in the US, maybe the world. 

(It doesn't hurt to ask )  So, I messaged one to see how he felt about skyping, or facetiming with one of his favorites. It was late at night and he is two time zones away

(technology is amazing )  Next morning, he messaged me to call him. So I did, and we facetimed and he gave me the diagnosis and treatment.

(Keeping an eye on you )  Yes, he checked back two more mornings.   


Bottom line.....getting better, but with other things on the table ( Bible study here tonight, company tomorrow afternoon, luncheon here on Thursday)
 I  am just going to make a couple observations / thoughts, you know...here goes.

Some of you ( one for sure ) would never dream of calling a doctor for a free exam.  But, Kevin is my friend, and could have given me a professional answer, like," here is the name of a local Dr. to call".  
 So, no regrets for me ( this time ) and now I have heard that many doctors treat patients in remote and struggling areas..via Skype. 
  Now  I know.
 Now you know.
And I am putting together a little package for his three children. 

And for obvious reasons, I am not posting any photos.   Funny thing, I was at a shower with 40 + women, Sunday School with another 50 + and a birthday party with 31. 
 Only one person commented. 
 My sister. After 3 hours at the party. 
It helps to wear glasses and keep your eyes wide open.  

Though it's not over til it's over...so to speak...I got to chat with a fun friend, see how the sun shines in Texas, his beautiful backyard and adorable little daughter.  
I did not get to check out his shoes. He needs a little help in that area.  But, he is pretty  cute          ( don't tell him, though he might already know ) and he is an amazing doctor.  


THANK YOU KEVIN ( And thank the Lord for giving you all the knowledge and wisdom and love for friends )   

I am blessed.



May 9
Proverbs 9:10  The fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
( wisdom, we sure need wisdom )

No comments: