Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2016

breakfast

when I think of breakfast
and my grandkids,
I think about my friend Marti
         ( Hi Marti, I know you are one of my most loyal fans )



Yes, this is not my usual breakfast for my little men, but it is a waffle. They are content with the frozen kind. In fact, they go to the freezer and pull out one or two ( always Eggo, but that is another story, you will have to ask about )  and head to the toaster.  Grammy helps with the "cooking"  and sets the table with honey, maple syrup and jam . Every hole needs to be full of something sweet. 
( it is our secret, we don't tell mom )
 I will always remember Marti saying that she happily prepared any breakfast she was asked for by each of her four children. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, you name it .   No regrets ! 

And we can't go back. So this Grammy is making the most of the moments with the people she loves most.  

No comments: