Total Pageviews

Friday, October 17, 2014




Pumpkin Gathering, Third annual


Hard to find, you drive through a residential area then up a narrow road and suddenly there it is .
  Trinity   Tree Farm, Pumpkin Patch












This year, friends from Eastern Washington are joining us.








Colorful wheel barrels are ready for the young set.


So we all head to the large field of pumpkins.
The ride is great fun.
Racing around the field is great fun.











        Yes, there were at least 2 more in our group,
                      but sadly they escaped the camera 



The bouncy houses are great fun.










Eating a picnic  lunch is great fun.




Train ride for little people






Hay ride for all.














Just as the rain drops are starting to fall it is time to say goodbye.



One more highlight, on the drive home.
No picture, so use your mind's eye..
A long convoy.  large open  jeeps packed full of gear
Sitting right up next to the tail gate. two or three  soldiers.
These men are in full camouflage ... even their heads

Jeep after Jeep.
Yes, it is raining pretty hard now.
I wave.
I wave again.
They wave.
I wave
I get a HUGE TWO ARM WAVE.
I am smiling
Smiling long past the convoy. 

Wishing I had pulled out my camera.

But the picture remains  in my mind
Thankful for those brave  men.
Thankful to live in America.

God bless America, please. 

No comments: