Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 10, 2023

not an ordinary day

 

Starting out with my annual checkup.  The hardest  part is the blood draw.  Thankfully, Judy, the nurse who has been there for many years,  is in the office today.  And just before she enters the room I get a little beep on my phone... Such good news " my friend got off the waiting list for BSF "...a distraction for sure and , Oh you're  done ?...I was out the door.

after the dentist I go for a frosty.  I think I will start another tradition..after a doctor visit, go to The Burg.

So I did... bacon burger, fries and diet coke.   

Decided to go home before checking in on Mrs. P.  ( meal time is a good time to find her upstairs)
We check daily to make sure she takes her 6 pills, that is what the doctor ordered.

Got busy in the garden and  soon it was after 4:00.  a good time to find Mrs. P upstairs and in the kitchen. 

She did not answer the door, but the light was on in the kitchen...did I hear her voice?
I pull out my key and call out..

"I am in the kitchen, I fell down the stairs"

On the floor.  She had scooted toward the phone, but could not climb up to reach it.

Bump on her cheek, sore shoulder and down her back.

Called hubby.  He came, but knew better than to try to move her.

Called 911... they arrived in a hurry 



Three very nice firemen and soon two ladies with the aid car

Off to Overlake Hospital we go

Diagnosis:  Multiple fractured ribs

That was Tuesday.... I pop in every day to visit.She is still there ( Sunday ) and will probably go for healing/rehab at The Mission on Monday. 



I live an exciting life


No comments: