Total Pageviews

Friday, October 23, 2020

A terrible, horrible, no good very bad day

 

Might as well talk about it

Yesterday 
It started about one in the morning with a headache

I am not one to pop pills, but I had big plans
Two tylenol...
Cleaning princess was coming
Cousins from Denver were coming for lunch. ( table set the night before )




Double batch of banana bread in the afternoon ( most ingredients tucked in the closet to pull out after guests had gone)
Pack suitcase for early morning take off for Spokane

But
Plans can change quickly
And they did
Yes cleaning princess came and I said hello and she took charge
About ten o’clock I realized that the bellyache was not going away, so cancelled the lunch date

two more Tylenol

The door bell rang and rang. Then cleaning princess answered ... the little angles who live next door wanted to visit on the bench . So, they had a little visit, and then  back to work for Janet
I could hear a little bit of activity,,,the land line,,my cell ....the door bell ...but I just laid on the floor in the bathroom
Waiting
Waiting
Then hubby came home and asked what he could do.
Please bring me a little can of Coke
( that has a story, but I won’t go there now )





So he did. He poured a little bit in a glass and I had a sip, maybe two and
Bingo. Up came my dinner
Pretty close to an immediate recovery
Took a while for the headache to leave completely. 
But awe what a relief

( am I the only one, or does this happen in your house.....
if you are reclining there are no expectations from the peanut gallery....but once you get up and are maybe standing at the sink, or sitting at the table, you are back on your own, so to speak )

Hubby heated some chicken rice soup and I packed for Spokane
Then I opened a little package left at my door.. my cousins from Denver had come by with a gift package. 

Hand made scarf, wrist warmers and cloth credit card holder





Feeling better and better

End of story

I live an exciting life 


1 comment:

Janet said...

I could live without that kind of excitement!