Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2019

making notes



I think it is important to know the likes and dislikes of your guests, before they arrive.
Not always possible, but worth looking into.
I just like to be prepared.

One group of friends seems to inhale sparkling cider
another not so much, but loves coffee, lots of coffee.

There are some things you cannot predict or even prepare for
and
that is what is calling me to write tonight.

In brief
August is the month I try to catch up on hospitality.
Last Wednesday I had a brunch on the patio. It was a beautiful day and I had sunglasses and sunscreen on hand.  
What I was not prepared for:   bees.   One of them seemed to really like Martha and "ouch". But she did not complain.   And no one else was attacked.   
Hubby is now on pest control.  

This week,  the weather was wet. My brunch group were seated around my dining room table. 
What I was not prepared for:  chair with a weak frame.  Betty was simply trying to scoot away from the table so she could hand little one back to his Mama, but the chair legs did not move. Just the back of her chair "leaned back" with her and little one going down..   I was right there to grab crying little one and other ladies rushed to help Betty get up and onto a new sturdy chair.  Betty was all smiles. Little one settled down
Hubby took care of that bad Chair. Naughty chair !  Into the garbage for him !   

Notes completed.
I don't think I will forget this August, but just in case, it is now documented !

I do have plans for another brunch...but, think I will wait until September. 


( no photos.... for obvious reasons... do you have a mental picture?)



I live an exciting life.  






No comments: