Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

It is Greek to me

and we love it

The Greek Festival at St. Demetrius, Seattle 




We have gone for many years but this year is the first time for my sister and her hubby 
We come for the food. Greek food is special and you can count on certain items to always be available on the menu. 
I love their lemon rice soup.
I also love baklava 
This year I tried Greek french fries.  Who would not love french fries sprinkled with cheese and salt ?!?

They have such wonderful treats.
The music brings out such delight in children 


And we eat and listen to the music and watch the dancing every year.
We breeze through the rummage sale, as usual. 
But this year, my sister and I went on the church tour.
You might recognize the white dome and stained glass windows .. A Seattle landmark of beauty. 





Since we did not stay for the "teaching" part of the tour, we missed some other features. 
Saving that for the next time   



This year I  made one extra purchase.
 The Greek Cook Book.   Our  newspaper told me that they look for the best recipe and stick to it. Everyone agrees it is the best and that is that.
So, here's to cooking the best...Lemon rice soup  


Want to try some ?   


Such an exciting life.   







No comments: