Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Name it...

Finally a GOOD free movie on my flight  !


A true story…
My favorite part came about halfway through the movie. Leading lady, with hair sopping wet comes dashing into the office space and the big boss says

" where have you been".

It is quiet and he continues  

“ Where  have you been? Everywhere I look you're not where I need you to be. And it's not my imagination.”

She freezes

“Where do you go everyday?”

 She answers (quietly) “The bathroom, sir. “

He shouts “The bathroom! The damn bathroom! “

 She responds, “ Yes, sir. The bathroom.”

He says  “For 40 minutes a day!? What do you do in there!? We are T-minus zero here. I put a lot of faith in you.

. She whispers: There’s no bathroom for me here.” 

He shouts “There’s no bathroom? What do you mean there’s no bathroom for you here? “

 Her voice rises. “ There’s no bathroom here. There are no COLORED bathrooms in this building or ANY building outside the West Campus. Which is half a mile away! Did you know that? I have to walk to Timbuktu just to relieve myself! And I can’t take one of the handy bikes. Picture that, with my uniform: skirt below the knees and my heels. And don’t get me started about the “simple pearl necklace” I can’t afford. Lord knows you don’t pay “the coloreds enough for that. And I work like a dog day and night, living on coffee from a coffee pot half of you don’t want me to touch! So excuse me if I have to go to the restroom a few times a day!”
And by then she is talking loudly
        and tears are running down her 
                         cheeks and mine.

 You can hear a pin drop


 



second favorite part.


      She tells the big man in charge " You are the boss,

 you just have to act like it.



In the final scenes...well, you will just have to catch it 


yourself.

There is never I place I wanted to fast forward. Moves along 



well.  Does not reveal the other kinds of harsh treatment that 

was suffered by black people.  There is hurt, but these are 

strong women, very strong, and smart, very smart.





2 comments:

klamb said...

Hidden Figures?

I am guessing because Kelly gave me highlights, and a strong recommendation.

justbenme said...

Right ! And it is going to be free again, in Redmond at the park. So I will try and get hubby to join me. Wish you could come too !