Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What do you notice first in this picture?


What do you notice first about this picture ?
You might notice the daffodils; it is spring now you know.
Or, the birds on the mug and on the ring around the flowers.
Or, if you are like me, you notice….the shortbread. Yes it was very good shortbread. I know, because that is the one cookie I make. Though my Scottish friend, Zina, who gave me the recipe says they are not cookies they are shortbread.
My friend Betty made them. I had one at our BSF lunch, and then, I went back and got another. By then I was too full to eat it, so I tucked it into my lunchbox.
When it was time to clean up, Betty came and said I could take some shortbread home. Take 6, she said. Well, Betty doesn’t know that I am not good with numbers. I am good with shortbread. I looked around for something to pop them into and all I could find was my mug. I always bring a mug to pot lucks because coffee stays warmer in a pottery mug. And because I have several with photos of my grandchildren, like the one today. And because they have a larger capacity.
So for this purpose, I was able to pop 7 shortbread inside. That, along with the one in my lunchbox, make a very pretty plate.
You’ll have to excuse me, I can smell the fresh coffee and there are just so many cookies ( I mean hours ) in a day.

No comments: