Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Almost Perfect Day




Sunday started with coffee , a pecan roll and pouring rain
Then Nita came for me and we went to her church. The pastor
talked about salvation and its true meaning.
By the time we got out, the sun was trying to come out so
we kept going into Seattle for the annual Greek Festival.
That includes food, children in costume dancing and music.
We ran into an old friend from The Galilean Bible Book Store days,
and 8 or 10 people Nita knew from work.
We ate stuffed grape leaves, lemon soup, a spinach dish and
baklava with ice cream.
We strolled through the food, jewelry and craft booths and
since the sun was still shining we shopped a bit at U Village
Nita helped me decide on outfits for Italy. Then after a little
nap, I went to the gospel meeting where I spent most of my
life every Sunday and Wednesday night. The message
was on the things that God hates. The one about
sowing discord among brethren touched us all.
Two invitations to come over for treats. So I
enjoyed fresh peaches and ice cream with the Cantrells.
Yes, it was an almost perfect day.

No comments: