Total Pageviews

Monday, April 10, 2023

 

During the Easter season we would have Hot Cross Buns while we were growing up


Not sure when it stopped, but the next time I remember was about 4 years ago when we invited an English couple to join us for Easter dinner.   She made home baked Hot Cross Buns

Traditions during the holidays are nice and I decided to add this one, at least for the two of us, for breakfast Easter morning.

It was an extra excuse to go to British Pantry for dinner.  

Slipped into the bakery before dinner, and no Hot Cross Buns. Not surprised, but a little disappointed.

Story is not over yet

Back to the dinning room and our favorite waitress Paula,  seated us and took our order.
I inquire about Hot Cross Buns and she confirmed that they were not sold in the restaurant.
The bakery  had been baking them all week and today, they sold over 800.

While we were enjoying our very  British dinner, here comes Paula. 
She handed me two wrapped up  Hot Cross buns.  She said they were hers and she had been eating them all day, so now they were mine 

And so it happened we had hot cross buns for East Sunday breakfast



Story is not over yet 

Just before the Sunday School singing began, Bethany said..
I have been wanting to bake Hot Cross buns for a long time and finally decided to do it.
We can have some with coffee after singing 


and then I have a few for you to take home

And I did

End of story


I live an exciting life 

 

No comments: