Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

This is a secret

Well, I have only told Martha, I had to tell someone
and now I am telling you
but I do not plan to tell my daughter.

We shall see how that works
( Pretty sure she does not read this journal )

Here is what happened.

Always glad when I can spend time with my family, especially my grandchildren. Tuesday was PTA night and hubby was out of town, so I got to be with my little man.
We had all been out to dinner at the Burg. 









Then we went our separate ways. I took grampy home and then little man and me went to his house.

That is, we headed to his house.  It is about a 25 minute ride.
We have a lazy GPS system but it was up and running and I was thankful.  ( I do not have a good map in my brain, other qualities, but not much map ).  About 1/2 way to Kenmore, the GPS stopped. Wait!
For the many months it was blank, then suddenly about a month ago it started running and we have kept it on since then.
While no one is looking I find my phone and whisper the address into the google map.  Little man says " I don't recognize this street, I think we are lost"
I say, we are taking the scenic route and continue singing along with the radio.

Little man says " My mom always pulls into a driveway and turns around".
Not a bad idea.  Google map has taken  us on a very large circle. 
" I think we are lost " I hear again from the back seat.

I tell him I think I will pull into a driveway and turn around.
"That is what my mom does, that is a good idea
I can help you find the way "

When I stop the car, and turn the engine on again, the GPS starts to work again.
One more big loop  ( I always listen to Gladys, because eventually she will get us there )
Pretty soon little man says "I can get you there from here"
And he did.

Up the long driveway, it is now about 60 minutes of driving and it is dark.  I think it would be a good idea to turn the car around so I can face the street when I head home.  I start to get out of the car and realize I have backed onto the front lawn.   I am not sure if little man understands why I am getting back into the car and reparking, but that is what I did.

Almost time for bed. Popcorn and Mr Ed.  brush your teeth and prayers.

The big question now is....in the morning, what will be the first thing that pops out of little man's mouth when he greets his mom?
Will she notice the tire tracts in the grass?
Will I get hired to babysit again?

Too many questions.  Time for some popcorn.



No comments: