Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2022

In passing

 

My exercise these days is walking in the mall
   (  no purchases
usually)

It is safer ( no bumps in the pavement) but if I do fall, someone is sure to pick me up
   (
three friends took a tumble, right close to home. One fell flat on her nose, and it broke. Another fell right onto pots on the dock and messed up her face. My sister fell almost in front of her front door and got bruised up head to toe, no broken bones )

Today I saw a little gal come out of a store and slip down beside a gentleman ( maybe a grandpa) She snuggled up to him. He was looking at his phone.

 I kept walking and came back around the corner. The two of them were still sitting side by side.. he was still on his phone
        ( I never want to miss an opportunity to snuggle with my grands )



Stopped for a bowl of soup, and at a table nearby was a Mom and her little boy.  They were still waiting for their lunch.  Suddenly the little fellow burst into tears.  Mother said " don't ever bite me". 

The little fellow responded, but I could not hear.
 
( The expression on his face said that his Mom had done something first..maybe touched his cup or something else of his.. not just a guilty look, a hurt look  )

 Oh, and Mother was looking at her phone.  Their meal came and things were calm.  Mother smiled. oh wait, she was looking at her phone. 
As I finished and walked by their table..sure enough, he was enjoying mac and cheese.  
"How did I know you were eating mac and cheese" I said.  He just giggled and hid his face.  His mother laughed and said "It's his favorite"

  ( when little people giggle it makes me smile )


It is best not to judge...but to listen and learn and grow
 (
I am still in the process, but trying )


I live an exciting life







No comments: