Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2022

baking, but much more

 Friday night I made a decision.... use those cherries Heather gave me and the recipe I found on facebook and...just do it.   So I did


Here is how it started.

Heather came over on Monday night. She has been coming every Monday night to get an easy start on her day here in Bellevue ( it's a longer story, but you get the picture)
These were tart, maybe sour cherries.  She was loving them. Eating them right out of the bowl.

I did too ( sort of .... I tried a few )


A lady named Maia from the Ukraine has been posting many things about her country, and despite all the horror, she has found positive things to write about.

Like the bucket of cherries that was given in return for some care packages to some villagers who have nothing.  That is what she said. They have nothing. It is part of their life to give.


One of Maia's friends used those cherries to made Pirozhki. 
Many readers were interested and soon Maia posted the recipe and step by step directions.



That did it. I printed all 5 pages.  I laid out all the ingredients like she did

I put on my Ukrainian apron and said

                     "I can do this"    and I did.


You make little balls and then press each one into a pocket and fill with sweetened cherries

 




Into the oven 

and

                    



They did not turn out as pretty as the picture
So I dusted them with powered sugar
and
followed the next nudge



I shared them

At some point, I googled Pirozhki, and found out it is also called Piroshky .. sometimes savory, sometimes sweet  Oh, I think I can pronounce that better.  


Lessons learned..
No matter how difficult, ugly, scary life might look (mine right now is not there, for sure) there is always something to be thankful for. 

Giving. Sharing. Gratitude. Should be a part of every life.   A part of my life.

There is a deeper meaning in all of this, just not finding the words right now...but

Maia, you have inspired and blessed many.




I live an exciting life





No comments: