Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2022

missing her today

 

Hardly a day goes by that I do not think about and miss my Mother


This picture stays on my kitchen windowsill 


Maybe it's because my friend Anita said goodbye to her mother last week and I was viewing the memorial to her.   The memories that come to mind ....so special.  Then I start to think about my own Mother and ...being a mother... and being a grandmother.

Then I began  reading cards that were sent to me 15 1/2 years ago and I could not stop.  Extra special when someone added a note, even if they had never met my mother.    Some that I could tell before opening, who had sent them.       Family, friends, one unsigned ...

 Then there was this one. 




Well it was perfect

Different from all the others

My mother,  your mother, well different from all the others 


Laughter and tears and highs and lows    



This is life, life to be taken seriously 

Yes is is a privilege
Yes there are times of laughter
Yes it happens every day

But

It is still a moment by moment reality that carries a responsibility
My opportunity as a mother is still open
and there are still grands that are part of my world

So,   Mom,   Grammy, Auntie, 
Take advantage of every moment to love on those I love so much



I live an exciting life









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always the lady with so much personality, quick on the rebound quips and loved her bracelets. Miss her and my mom too.

Unknown said...

I don't remember ever meeting your mom, but I can relate but in a different way. I have missed my mom all my life since I lost her at age 4 and am so looking for that reunion someday soon. Thinking of you Kathy!

Unknown said...

I don't remember ever meeting your mom, but thinking about you. I can relate in a very different way since I lost my mom at such a young age. Can't wait for a reunion someday soon.