Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 15, 2024

A brief encounter

 


We stopped for lunch at a favorite place

Felt like the right time to tell hubby about something hard
Maybe just verbalizing what I had been reading, made me a little emotional
We tried to sort it out, but too much to fix at one time

Eyes still a little runny when I felt a hand on my arm
The lady at the table next to ours was smiling at me

She said she had heard our conversation and had been through the same situation.  Though the room was noisy and I could not hear all her words, I did hear
" you are not alone"
"you will get through this"
I asked her if she loved Jesus
She smiled and said yes
A few more comforting comments and then our food came

Hubby and I bowed our heads and gave thanks.  When we opened our eyes, the couple was gone.  

Soon our lunch  was consumed and the waitress came and said
" your meal has been covered, the couple next to you said you were going through a hard time and they paid for your lunch"

eyes swimming again
they do that

wish I could remember her name, but the Lord knows and He will repay her abundantly... Read Luke 6:38

I live an exciting life


,

No comments: