Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2022

getting acquainted

 


FOL

Friends of the Library... that is where I volunteer one Tuesday a month.  

We are only open for 3 hours and since neighbors are feeling better about getting out into public places we tend to be busier.

Today was no exception.

Except, It was exceptionally crowded.   

Many extra carts filled the shop and then extended out in to the hall

So many folks came with donations

So many customers

Some very large purchases.   The most expensive book is $3.   They are current publications and they sell almost as soon as we put them on the shelves.   Hard backs $2. Most others are $1.    So, when Beth, who comes about once a month, stacked up her finds, she spent over $200.   Yep, that is a lot of books   And then a few other large sales and many small sales and yes, I did my part.   It was the biggest day ever.
$440.00       ( a good day is $100.) 

But the most interesting part of the day was getting to know my partner.  We always work as a team and I don't remember working with Lady M before.   She worked hard and smiled and was only a little distracted  ( so to speak )          However, what I think I will always remember about her is her family.  One son.  No grandchildren because "he has rats.   They are so cute and smart and they follow him around the house.  You know they are used for testing because they are very intelligent. "

Well, I learned something


and

I live an exciting life




No comments: