Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2021

It happens once a year

 


well maybe more than once a year

you feel a little older...  and people, friends and family, like to let you know


Well this year, very different from last year, and maybe that is why my daughter kept telling me Happy 75th.  She forgot that we had an unusual celebration last year, and in the real world, I am 365 days older. 


putting that aside,   

Let's start with how this celebration week began..

 Friend Martha texted to see how I was spending my day. Since I was contemplating a visit to my daughters garage sale in Kenmore, she suggested meeting for lunch, Birthday lunch.

Who could resist that !




 At the Cottage they serve complimentary bubbly and dessert with a sparkler and the servers singing
 Happy Birthday to you ! 





A celebration like no other
Right in our driveway. When my friend of over 50 years is a little too tired to get out of the car, we bring the refreshments to the car.  






Hoping to find out why the pictures are not coming through.... Very patriotic celebration with my sister and brother in law.   Décor, food, and gifts all red, white and blue ! 
And Lemon meringue pie like our Mother used to bake for my birthday 




On to the real day... Sunday, May  30, 2021

Just a note:  when I was born, a few years ago, Memorial Day was May 30th.  So I never had to go to school or work on my birthday.  How about that !  Then, someone decided that most holidays should fall on Monday, so, for some people, it changed.  For me, I still do not go to school or work on my birthday      




Chase Pancake Corral 
Pecan waffles
and two lovely ladies singing Happy Birthday
and a chorus at the table next to us 




After "church" and before "sing time" 
Delicious chocolate cupcakes 
( yes plural.  ate one, and one to bring home )

 Gift bags, cards and love 






Family celebration at Coho
complementary dessert:  Key Lime Pie ( to take home ) 



Very sweet new neighbor with very sweet chocolate birthday cake
also
announcing the arrival of a new family member in October


But, it is not over yet.


 


Betty came with a rose from her garden 
and Minnie in Sparkles  


Linda brought bouquets
and chocolates 


Sally fed me with Key Lime pie 
and sent me home with a potted azalea 


A celebration
complete with cake and many decorations 
napkins
candles and ribbons 
seashell globe 
and a bouquet
Janet outdid herself
and she couldn't even stay for a bite 






I live an exciting life   


1 comment:

klamb said...

You deserve every bite of sweetness, and every blossom too!

I would wish another great year for you, but really I hope we get this year cut short for a rapturous event!

HUGS! (I think we can do that safely now.)