Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Mission VS Mission

 

Mission  vs  mission 

 





My Mission ( to visit Shirley & Lady Z)
The Mission ( Mission Healthcare)






 After  Easter  weekend 


And here is my story



It was Tuesday evening and my appointment was at 7:30
The front door opened automatically
The next door opened automatically
I walked in and started down the hall
A nice nurse asked if I was going to room 130 and I said yes.
Room 130 is my Shirley Goodness and Mercy
She has been here for a few weeks and several people have visited her and she has had phone calls and greetings.
So, I spent some time with Shirley and we laughed and visited a while.
Then I started to head upstairs to Lady Z.
A tall dark and handsome man asked where I was going and offered to take me up by the shortcut.
Room 223. Lady Z.   A nurse/staff person came by and closed the door so we could chat in private.  
 Lady Z was so happy and surprised to see me. This is her first day here and she does not like the bed.  She does not like the tile on the ceiling that looks like some bugs might be coming through.  She will wait until morning to complain.
We visit for a bit and then I make my way out. It is about 9:15 and the visiting hours are 6 to 8, no one is around to notice, except that nice nurse who says “have a good evening”


It was Wednesday evening when I made my second visit.
The front door opened automatically
The next door did not open.   I rang the bell.    Soon a nurse was leaving and she smiled and the door opened and I was inside again.
Pretty much the same procedure
Lady Z is now ok with her bed and content that no bugs are coming or going from the ceiling.

Thursday I missed a visit

Friday both doors were open
Rarely more than one staff person visible on each floor. Sometimes I see no one

No visits on the weekends ( except during the day, and that did not work for me)

Back on Monday and the second door was not open.
Rang the bell.  In a while an aid from floor one came and let me in.

Wait.  This is the day that was a little different
First of all, Shirley decided to put herself to bed.
“ I get in bed by myself all day”.  So, she wiggled around with her wheelchair and pretty soon she slipped out of her chair and onto the floor, trapped between the bed and the wheelchair. 
“Help”.  And it came.  A strong man and lady .... and they had her settled in bed in no time.   She was a little rattled, so I kissed her forehead and said good night.
Upstairs to Lady Z and she had been through an uncomfortable procedure. 
 In the morning it was bathing time and a tall dark and handsome man came and did the job.  She told herself to get over it.   Guess it was the best thing she could do.  I would not appreciate a strange man giving me a shower, would You?

So today was a little different.  I was glad to leave a little loaf of banana bread at each nursing station.

Tuesday pretty much the usual.

Wednesday,  not a usual visit 
I started down the hall and noticed that there were a few guests in the hallway and 3 staff people at the nurses station.   One of them stopped me and asked me if I had an appointment.  I told her 130.   She let me go.
Little visit with Shirley.  She was a good girl and let the staff put her to bed.  She wanted me to stay and watch a movie, again.    Nothing worth watching, even for 10 minutes.
Now I say goodnight and start toward the shortcut to floor two.  There are still 3 or 4 women at the nurses station.  I just turn my head and keep walking.
 I hear a voice “Where are you going?”   I turned to see many faces focused on me, as I begin to explain where I am going.
"You can’t go that way
You were there last night, you were the one bringing the banana bread
You can’t see two patients in one night
Thomasina  is with her husband ( my Thomasina  has been a widow for 20 years )
Well, I am glad I am wearing a mask because I am not happy and I know that Lady Z would be very happy to see me.
 I say thank you ( I think )  and go directly down the hall to the front lobby
 and then
Then I take the elevator upstairs.   There is no one ..not a single person on that floor all the way to room 223.   Lady Z was very happy to see me.  I kept our visit short in case the hallway police came looking.    I did see one staff person as I made my way to the elevator and she very politely said good night.

We are at the end of 8 days

I  missed Thursday

 Friday  afternoon I get a call from  Tara, the administrator of Mission Healthcare.   She seems to know more than she is telling me, but I am telling all to her.   Starting with from day one, I entered both floors and no one, until Wednesday said more than a hello.

But now she tells me that though the receptionist is gone after 6:00 you are required to stop at the gizmo that takes your temperature and your phone number and pops out a little sticker to wear until you are leaving and check out at the same gizmo.
She apologizes for lack of staff and makes me feel like all is well.
And yes, you can visit two people, but you need to put both names on the appointment. Now my Shirley has checked out, so I am good as gold. ( so to speak )

And all is well

Wednesday when Little man comes to our house, we have an appointment.  I have been given permission to bring a 9 year old and this time it is at 2:00 in the afternoon.   The receptionist is busy, but I make my sticker and we go to Lady Z’s room. She is happy to see us, has candy for little man, I hang her clean clothes and we keep our visit short. When we are leaving the elevator and nurse is getting on. She is carrying a tray of store cookies.  “Yum”. We say.  “ Would you like one? “. She asks.

Yep.   An  M & M  for little man and an oatmeal cranberry for me.

We walk into the lobby and check out the fish in the aquarium
Then we say goodbye.

Off in Sabrina with the top down.   2.2 miles later, not an M & M in sight and we are home.   

I live an exciting life. 








No comments: