Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Changes



Life is full of changes 

Like downtown Seattle !


I drove downtown today ( Seattle will always be downtown, even though I live in Bellevue, and it is growing and growing ) 

The first change.... my old favorite parking lot, across from Macy's, now has the first three floors for rental cars.   And the price increased.  OK, so I didn't make the early bird  for $9.00... but for less than four hours   $19.00.
That is one reason I will not be returning.

The sky bridge to Macy's leads to an elevator that takes you down to the 3rd floor.  What happened  to  all the other 4 floors of shopping ? 



And what happened to what used to be the most beautiful ladies room in downtown Seattle? The airport has more appeal

First happy encounter... meeting my friend MaryAnn.  Planned.  On time.   

No star on Macy's...but I heard it is coming. Even though Macy's is closing, Amazon is going to take over the building and the tradition.


Primary mission: lunch and conversation. So we head out of Macy's and down Pine 

There is always a carousel for the holidays.  But it was still in pieces.  We keep walking 

Next stop Nordstrom.  
 This is the old Frederick and Nelson store.    Eight floors of everything you might ever need. The door man, and a row of elevators with people who operated them.  Sales people, who helped you.  Paul Bunyan Cafe in the basement.  Upstairs, 8th floor sit down restaurant ..The Rhododendron Room ?Also a little child care, while you ate...they make little necklaces out of straws..

Back to the real world.  It is now Nordstrom's and only 3 floors of goods...
We pause on the first floor..handbags. We chat with the salesman about the robbery in Bellevue Nordstrom.   He showed us the type of handbags that had been "lifted"  $4,000 and up.  They are real animal skin.  They are Gucci Zumi.   Now I know and now you know. 

That is the Gucci display on the far wall. I touched a bag, it had a $10,000 price tag. 

On to the 2nd floor   




The black for MaryAnn,  the pink for me.  






By the way.. those are real flowers  in the ladies room at Nordstrom's  



Final stop at the Cafe.   The food is always good, but I have to say,  the service is just not like it used to be.  Oh well.  MaryAnn and me, we just wanted to talk  ( the pumpkin pecan dessert was delicious)


All good things come to an end.  
But wait...is that piano music, live piano music?
Yes !  And wait, is that Joe Rojo, the pianist who played for years at Nordstrom in Bellevue?
Yes!   He told us that he was the first and now the last to play the piano for Nordstrom.   He still looked the same.  Well, he said, I am 58.  







My trip downtown was now worthwhile,  very worthwhile.
Hearing a favorite, Joe,
and being with my friend MaryAnn



Shameless selfie...


By the time I got back to my car it was raining and then hail ... lots and lots of hail... then sunshine and home.


I live an exciting life.




No comments: