Total Pageviews

Friday, July 23, 2021

Because

 


The Lord can use anything He wants to speak to us

and this week it was old dress patterns



Here's what happened..

My friend Joyce is a retired teacher.  She belongs to a group that has an event every year, maybe a luncheon,   and this year part of the theme involves vintage     patterns    ( that is all I know about it )  

Just so happens that I have kept many of my patterns ( not sure if I would ever put that  muumuu together again , just might)  

Since another retired teacher lives closer to me, into my world walks Nancy 

She loved the patterns and was packing them up to borrow and said.. " I love the verses that you put on your emails"    and I said " Do you love Jesus?" and she said "Yes"

Well, if you love Jesus, you can imagine the conversation that happened.  Almost an hour later we said goodbye, hugged twice and have shared contact information.

We have also exchanged a bread recipe,
and that is just since our meeting on Monday !


Lessons learned:
The Lord can use anything to speak to us
There is often a reason for hanging on to  old things
Always keep a little loaf of bread in the freezer for that unexpected time to share 


Well, what a way to start the day, start the week !

Encourage, blessed and yes

I live an exciting life





No comments: