Total Pageviews

Friday, December 28, 2018

It's Friday nite

( Hi Marti - you are probably the only one smiling already ♥ )

Well, yes, we usually go to the mall on Saturday night. Have cheap eats and listen to the piano music ( Like a free date night)

So, why tonight ?
The Coug's are playing a bowl game
Hubby does not have cable on his tv
Coug's game is on ESPN
Not a free channel

BUT, in the men's department on the second floor of Nordstrom's there is a big screen TV !
How do we  know ?   because, our old friend Vern  ( we have known him a long time and he is old...89 years old ) well, he told us about it.  He would bring snacks and watch all the important games. He told hubby, so hubby joined him a few times.   
Maybe more than a few times because tonight,  a couple of the salesmen asked hubby how Vern was...they have missed him.
Vern got a TV.  

All that to say, we went to the mall and while hubby was watching  about 3 1/2 hours of football, I was walking and doing a little bit of shopping, but cranked up 4.2 miles !

ok...this is what I did not buy, but had to share because salt is my middle name and I don't think you will ever see an ornament in the shape of a salt shaker  ...again...


If you are interested, it is at Anthropology.. only one left   




At about 8:25 I thought I would pause for a little something to eat. The Cafe was closed.  The Bento Box closed 5 minutes ago. So, what is open ??   McDonald's of course.
( found a quarter on the floor...felt like a sign that I should buy..
Medium french fries.)

Found a bench and did some people watching.  It is a little different in this wing.   Mostly young people.  Some in shorts, some in pj's
one with slippers.   The kind that are backless with a beige fur trim and the trim is the same color at her leotards.  She came by three times and I noticed she was wearing a full pleated skirt.
Maybe she knew it is still Dressember.
Haven't heard about it?   Well, friend Amy is doing a fund raiser for young women caught in street trafficking.  She is wearing a dress every day and so is her daughter.  Her boys are wearing bow ties !
( just remembered I have not sent the $$ )  
Tonight I am wearing a long black dress with my black fleece with red trim and a black headband.
( when I went to wash my hands in the restroom, caught a glimpse of my headband in the mirror - it is now in my purse )

Also spotted children.  I love little girls walking with their daddy.  Holding hands is best, but one little gal is skipping along to keep pace with her daddy.  

Most everyone is wearing tennis shoes or boots.  
There is another pair of slippers
and one very interesting man with brown leather shoes and no socks...ok, looks like no socks.. and high water pants.
Then I look down and I am the only person wearing sandals.
Weather in the 40's and most intelligent folks wear warm shoes.

I do know 3 other ladies who cannot wear closed shoes most of the time.   And I like to say, I am old enough to wear the shoes I like. 
And so is everyone else walking in the mall tonight. 


It is 9:30  Nordstrom is closing.  4 minutes to go in the game.
Quick to the car.   

Coug's are winners !!!   Alamo Bowl Winners !!

We are happy.  
We are home.
Checking shopping bags to make sure no one slipped that ornament into my bag...no, but I am ready for two other family members !

Sleep tight


1 comment:

klamb said...

Glad you didn't cave and buy the salt shakers...
Hilarious about TV in Nordstrom.